Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flooding in our State




It must seem ironic, but we are in a state that from time to time experiences draught & flooding - the two extremes.  Usually the flooding is closer to the coast which is our case now.  A pastor from my mentoring group just sent our church a plea to help his home town that was hard hit by these recent floods.  I saw that even CNN headlines featured our state of Pernambuco today.  Here are some pictures Pastor Paulo took the other day.  We are gathering food and clothes from our friends in Recife to help these folks.  Please pray for those suffering great losses.  There have been dozens of deaths and hundreds reported missing.

1 comment:

  1. It is unbelievable to me that this is a mere 8 hours away from where I am, and yet we were completely untouched by it.

    I reposted this on my blog in hopes that more people will see it and be praying.

    ReplyDelete